McQuaid Parents Association
November 2, 2016
Called to order by Kelly McCarthy, with Father Salmon providing the opening prayer.
Report and Presentation on McQuaid STEM Center - given by Father Reiser and Adam Baber
- Father Reiser and Adam Baber presented information about the McQuaid STEM Center, including the goals of the initiative and timeline for project.
September 21, 2016 minutes approved
NEW PA By-laws approved - new bylaws will be posted on PA website main page
Treasurer’s Report - given by Kelly Darby.
- Reviewed balance and activities.
- Wine and Beer event was canceled. Kelly submitted list of those who paid to attend to the finance department and a reimbursement will go on your son’s gold card.
Middle School Report
- No Middle School report.
- Middle school activity night moved to Thursday, Nov. 10th
Social Committee - Ebony Dukes
- Wine and Beer event canceled due to sectionals.
- Firming up plans for future events ( Mom Prom, teacher appreciation luncheon)
- Discussed a father/son initiative for fall of 2017. Ideas are welcome!
Hospitality Committee - Kathy Calcagno/Judy Pribe/Nicole Sayers
- Reminder: Open House Thursday, Nov. 3rd
- Advent Liturgy Reception is December 21st
Education Committee - Cathy Buyer-Davis
- Barnes & Noble Book Fair Nov. 27th
- Cheesecake Factory orders can be made online until Nov. 22
- Book club discussion on Tattoos of the Heart taking place at the January 11 PA meeting
Spiritual Committee - Pam Cairns/Joanne Geen
- Mother/son advent reflection has been canceled due to timing. A mother/son Lenten reflection has been scheduled in it’s place for March 5, 2017
- Father/Son communion brunch is January 29, 2017
Service Committee - Courtney DiFelice/Lisa Courtney-Holmes
- More than 30 volunteers helped clean up Oatka Cemetery on October 30, 2016
Co-Ed Events & Activities Committee - Melissa Teresi
- High School Dance took place in October
- Looking to the future to help Executive Council with new ideas
- Working on a Middle School Color Wars event with Mercy.
Communications - Laurie Hazard
- Parent Ambassadors update
Agenda for PA Meeting Wednesday, November 2, 2016 - 7pm in the Cafeteria
- Welcome to 2nd PA Meeting of the year
- Opening Prayer by Fr. Salmon
- Review and approval of the minutes from 9/21 PA meeting - Andi Balland
- Review and Approve the NEW PA By-laws - Alicia Chase - 5 min.
- Treasurers Report - Kelly Darby - 5 min.
- Middle School Report - Laura Cullen/Andi Balland - 5 min.
- Committee Reports: 5 Minutes each
- Social Committee - Ebony Dukes
- Hospitality Committee - Kathy Calcagno/Judy Pribe/Nicole Sayers
- Education Committee - Cathy Buyer-Davis
- Spiritual Committee - Pam Cairns/Joanne Geen
- Service Committee - Courtney DiFelice/Lisa Courtney-Holmes
- Co-Ed Events & Activities Committee - Melissa Teresi
- Communications - Laurie Hazard
- Report and Presentation by Father Reiser and Adam Baber on the McQuaid STEM Center - 15 min.
- Questions and Answers - 10 min.