McQuaid Jesuit Fund
The McQuaid Jesuit Fund is the primary vehicle for members of the McQuaid Jesuit family to join together in a meaningful effort to support the Jesuit mission of our school. These gifts are raised and spent in the current fiscal year to support the school's ongoing needs. The actual cost of educating a student is more than what is charged for tuition, and the McQuaid Jesuit Fund helps close that gap. Through the this fund, McQuaid Jesuit administers a broad-based, ongoing campaign including alumni, parents, and friends to provide the private support needed to both sustain and advance McQuaid Jesuit's reputation as a high quality secondary educational institution in the Jesuit tradition. The McQuaid Jesuit Fund provides students with the resources they need while keeping a McQuaid Jesuit education within financial reach for their families.
McQuaid Jesuit Fund gifts have a direct impact on our students and faculty in an immediate way. Your contribution allows current programs to continue and new initiatives to begin.
Students are the primary beneficiaries of the McQuaid Jesuit Fund through:
- Lower overall tuition costs.
- Financial Aid; our nearly 825 families are benefiting from over $1.3 million in financial aid and most never realize it. Our financial aid costs have risen over 40% in the last two years. New for 2008-09, financial aid is being granted to our middle school students and their families.
- Quality faculty who will mentor and push our young men to succeed and reach the next level.
- Up-to-date facilities for fine arts, athletics, student services and technology.
- Giving them the opportunities to put their faith and learning into action through community service, school clubs and retreat experiences.
McQuaid Jesuit Fund Goals
- To educate alumni, parents, and friends of McQuaid Jesuit's activities and potential, as well as demonstrate that a gift to McQuaid Jesuit is a wise investment.
- To continually improve the participation rate and the dollars contributed by all key donor constituencies.
As a way to "Bridge the Gap," tuition is offset by $1.2 million in annual contributions from alumni, current parents, graduate parents, and loyal friends. The "Bridge the Gap Program" provides various levels of giving. A full gap gift is $1,800. Individuals who contribute a gift of $1,500 or more become members of our Knights' Council. BASH, our magazine drive and raffle account for another $400,000 that helps with the "gap" and other operating expenses. Since the current endowment is modest, the majority of the monies needed to offset this gap must be raised through annual gifts.
Every Gift Counts
Gifts of all sizes are greatly appreciated. We invite you to participate at a level that is comfortable for you. Each gift regardless of size; strengthens the school's participation rate and demonstrates a vote of confidence in a Jesuit education.
McQuaid Jesuit launches its annual fund appeal in September through personal solicitation of alumni, current and past parents, and friends of McQuaid Jesuit. During the solicitation, individuals are asked to make a contribution to the McQuaid fund during the current fiscal year that runs from July 1- June 30.
McQuaid Jesuit Fund Giving Levels
The Knights Council - all donors of $1,500 or above
- The Chancellor's Circle $25,000+
- The President's Circle $10,000+
- Laureate Member $7,500+
- Regent Member: $5,000+
- Distinguished Member: $2,500+
- Member: $1,500+
- The Partners $750+
- The Associates $500+
- Black & Gold Society $250+
- The Founders $100+
- The Benefactors $50+
- The Donors $1+