About us: Our Middle School Program
McQuaid Jesuit Middle School is one of the very best middle school programs in New York State. We provide both a nurturing environment and challenging approach. We offer strong Catholic education to 6th, 7th and 8th grade boys who demonstrate academic promise and leadership potential.
- The grades 6 - 8 program is committed to educating young men in the Jesuit Tradition, according to the teachings of St. Ignatius. The middle school successfully provides the bridge to high school by teaching study skills and imbuing through content what to study and how to study.
- We hone skills, values, relationships and foundations for the future of each student
- The most critical skills include the ability to think reasonably, to speak and write correctly and convincingly, and to perceive the interdependence between life and learning.
- Through a rich and rewarding Christian Service Program, coupled with a spiritual Retreat Program, these young men begin their journey to self-awareness and develop their sense of caring and concern for others.
- In a highly effective program such as ours, great teaching truly matters. Our talented, dedicated, compassionate teachers are instrumental in transforming a boy into a confident “man for others.”
- Research clearly indicates that the middle school is “make or break” time in several respects. In all we do, we recognize that this is a PIVOTAL stage in students’ intellectual development. Similarly, we value the crucial nature of the social, spiritual, and emotional growth of these boys.